Holiday Garbage Pickup
Garbage for Monday, December 25th will be picked up on Tuesday, December 26th.
Pickup for Monday, January 1st will be picked up on Tuesday, January 2nd
Goose Lake Fire Department Multiyear Fund-Raising Project
Recycling & Waste Collection Guide
Republic Services provides the waste and recycling services. The link below will take you to the recycling and waste collection calendar for 2023.Garbage Recycle Calendar 2024
Safety Tip of the Month
The cool air is here and if you are like me, you may have broken out a portable electric heater to take the chill out of the air in a room or two. Plus with Halloween and the following holidays coming we tend to hang more outdoor lighted decorations. The tendency is to just plug things into an extension cord and move the electric items where we want. But there can be a huge hazard in just using a simple little extension cord, especially one with multiple spaces to plug things into.
Heating equipment caused 56,000 home fires resulting in 470 deaths between 2009 and 2014. Here are some great tips regarding heating equipment.
- Keep all items that can burn at least three feet away from the heat source.
- NEVER plug a space heater into an extension cord.
- NEVER leave a space heater unattended. Always shut it off when leaving the room or when sleeping.
- Always place the heater on a flat, level surface on the ground.
Additionally, here is some basic extension safety tips to follow when needing to use an extension cords.
- Never plug one extension cord into another.
- Make sure you use a properly rated extension cord for the job you need it to do.
- Never cut the ground pin off a three plug cord to allow you to plug it into a two plug cord.
- Only use cords that have been approved by an independent lab such as Underwriters Laboratory.
- Always use a GFCI outlet when using a cord outside.
Lastly, here are some very basic guideline when looking to purchase an extension cord. You should always understand what amperage you will need to supply when choosing the correct extension cord
16 gauge wire is limited to 1-13amps
14 gauge wire is limited to 14-15amps
12-10 gauge wire is limited to 16-20 amps
Please have a safe fall everyone!!!
Your Goose Lake Fire Department
Meet on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. More...